FATBOY 250 SLEEPING BAG
6.0 lbs (2.7 kg)
Fatboy 250 – Sleeping Bag
The Fatboy 250 is huge! It has all the extra room you need for 3 and 4 season camping. And compared to other sleeping bags of the same size and temperature rating, this Fatboy is still the leader in compact/ lightweight.
- Insulated banana hood for added comfort and warmth
- Suresoft brushed polyester lining is warm and comfortable
- Drawcord at shoulder – use it to trap heat in and keep the cold out
- Oversize 2-way nylon coil zipper allows for venting at foot; hi visibility fabric zipper pull
- Anti-snag zipper tape, and insulated draft tube behind zipper
- 4 fabric loops allow for attached cord to hold sleeping pad in place
- Compression carry bag with 2 YKK quick release buckles and oversize straps
- Hotcore sleeping bags of the same dimensions can be opened and zipped together around the outside edge
- A few words on temperature ratings…
- Hotcore Sleeping Bag Owner’s Manual and Warranty Information
This last weekend I did some winter camping and I needed a sleeping bag. The temperature was still pretty high so I went with your Fatboy 200. I am 6 foot and 350 lbs. It is hard for me to find a sleeping bag that fits. I stumbled across this bag and thought I would give it a try. I have to say there was plenty of room inside this bag for me to sleep in any position. I am so glad I found your product.
Oversize rectangular with pillow pocket
78″ long plus 12″ pillow pocket
(198cm + 30cm)
42″ wide (106cm)
6.0 lbs (2.7 kg)
17” long, 9.5” wide (43cm x 24cm)
A few words on temperature ratings…
Siliconized TrueLoft microfibre insulation with Critical Layer Construction
Polyester ripstop with light DWR coating
Colour: Forest Green
Soft-touch Pongee polyester
#8, 2-way nylon coil self-healing zipper
High visibility fabric zipper pull
* all measures approximate
We use thermal body-mapping construction to place the insulation where it will do the most good. You already have an insulating sleeping mat below you, and most of the sleeping bag insulation that is below will be compressed by your body weight, making it inefficient. We move much of this insulation to the top of our sleeping bags where it will trap warmth from your body.
Then we add an extra layer of TrueLoft™ insulation in the core body area, from the neckline to below the beltline, to help achieve and maintain the temperature ratings. This extra layer of insulation will trap more warmth from the body than comparable sleeping bags, while adding very little to the weight, size, and cost of the sleeping bag. Think of it as putting on a jacket, the first thing we all do when we need to stay warm.
We call this Critical Layer Construction.
High quality TrueLoft™ micro fibre synthetic insulation traps more warm air between its fibers than traditional insulations with the same loft. This gives you a warm, soft sleeping bag in a compact and lightweight size.
- Lightweight – some of the lightest weight insulation available
- Compressible – siliconized fibres slide easily allowing for greater loft, compressibility, and softness
- Breathable – insulation and fabrics breathe to allow heat-robbing moisture & humidity to escape
- Extremely quick drying – hydrophobic qualities allow TrueLoft™ to absorb less water and dry quickly
- Warm when wet – while drying, TrueLoft™ still keeps you warm, performing better than inferior insulations