MANTIS 1 ADVENTURE TENT
MANTIS 1 – Tent
New for 2019, our popular deluxe Mantis design is now built for 1 person use.
- One piece Mantis Aluminum Pole Design for quick and easy set up; freestanding design
- Aluminum poles with locking tips provide lightweight and reliable strength
- Ultimate headroom, storage, and livable space thanks to functional pole geometry
- Durable full length rainfly for rain and wind protection, even over storage vestibules
- Rainfly vent over door to allow for ventilation and minimize condensation
- Durable floor with waterproof coating and taped seams
- 1 door and 1 vestibule allow for easy entry/ exit and storage
- Silent zipper pulls, multiple interior storage pockets.
- Aluminum tent pegs, guylines, and carry bag included
- Hotcore Adventure Tent Owner’s Manual and Warranty Information
Brad takes the Mantis 1 on several backcountry canoe trips to see how this tents holds up against the elements!
86.5″ (220 cm)
37.4″ (95 cm)
Total Floor Area
22.5 sq. ft. (2.1 sq. m.)
Interior Tent Height
37.4″ (95 cm)
Doors & Vestibules
1 vestibule; 8.3 sq. ft. (0.8 sq. m.)
3.9 lbs (1.8 kg)
3.6 lbs (1.65 kg)
70D polyester, 1200 mm coating, taped seams
Colour: Brick Red
Inner Tent Fabric
Breathable polyester and mesh
Tent Floor Fabric
70D polyester, 1500mm coating, taped seams
8.5 mm aluminum; 7000 series;
Orange anodized; locking tips
One piece MANTIS pole design
Pegs & Guylines
All included, Reflective guylines
15.5″ x 5.9″ (40 x 15 cm) or less in compression bag
* all measures approximate
All Mantis tents come with the unique Mantis Aluminum Pole System. You don’t have to worry about separate poles, clips, and sleeves. This “one-piece” pole system uses shock corded sections and 3 strategic hubs that allow for a simple and quick set up. Clipping the tent body into place could not be easier.
This freestanding pole system allows Mantis tents to be set up anywhere. The tents have the ultimate in headroom and livable space, thanks to the ridge pole which give the doors a near vertical drop, and the functional geometry of the overall pole design. The poles are aluminum with locking tips, so you know they will be lightweight and strong, able to withstand your 3 season adventures.
Our tents floors made with 70D polyester fabric are coated with a PU waterproof coating and factory seam taped. These floors are more durable than PE tarp floors, with a much longer life, and more able to resist damage from rocks, twigs, roots, and general use. And unlike PE tarp floor they are quiet to sleep on. They cost a bit more, but if you want a better tent, this is what you want.
Polyester fabric has advantages over nylon when used as a tent rainfly. Polyester is more UV resistant, so exposure to the sun’s rays will not degrade the fabric as quickly as nylon. Also, polyester does not stretch when dealing with water and rain. This allows the entire tent to maintain its proper shape, thereby continuing to protect you from further rain and wind.
The polyester rainfly and floor have a PU coating to keep the water out. For example, with a 1500mm coating, the fabric can withstand a 1500mm column of water for more than one minute before a drop might work its way through this fabric. That is good enough to stop rain in most hurricane storms.